Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Breezy Lunch


I wish I knew the Mayan word for good morning, because if every morning and afternoon and evening looked like this, I wouldn't be able to wait to get up every day and say good morning to everyone. Or perhaps the chirping (rather annoying) birds will get to you first, which is what it did to me on our second day in Mexico. 


I ended up waking up extremely early at 7, which shocked even me because I normally can't wake up that early. So we had an early breakfast, hung out a bit, and then went straight to lunch.

Sirloin Sushi with Chipotle Chile Cream Cheese

I ordered the top sirloin sushi roll with chipotle chile cream cheese and grilled pineapple (whew that's a mouthful). Thankfully, the taste was not as complex as it sounds. It was like a creamy, crunchy mishmash of beef and cheese. You can't really taste the pineapple though, which was my own complaint about this dish.

Salad of the Day

Hubby ordered the salad of the day, which looked like a bunch of leaves with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of salads, because it just looks and tastes like a bunch of leaves to me.

Seafood Soup

I was greedy and ordered a side of soup - the Mexican seafood soup with fresh oysters, shrimp, squid and scallops. They actually served the soup in a separate bowl, then when it's like to eat pour it over the seafood.

Lamb Chops
For the main course I splurged on the mint herb marinated lamb chops with grilled veggies and mashed potatoes. It was absolutely divine. I normally have my lamb well-done, but for a well-done lamb steak it was tender with full flavor infused in.

Duck Confit Tacos

Hubby on the other hand ordered duck confit tacos, which were good but the duck was pretty rough and hard to bite. Here's another look at my delicious meal:


And its aftermath:

I should remind you that this is just lunch. I was just being greedy and splurging on everything that I could possibly eat, hoping to work it off in the gym later on.


Raspberry Mousse cake

For dessert, we got the special-of-the-day raspberry mousse, and the lemon pie done our way. I didn't like the texture of the mousse very much, as it was just too fluffy for me.

Lemon Pie Our Way
The lemon pie on the other hand hit the sweet spot - it was tangy with lemony goodness and sweet at the same time, which went really well with a cup of expresso to finish the meal.


And what a wonderful way to take in the meal than a view of the ocean, with the gentle breeze gently caressing your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment