Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Very Special Moon

So the Mooncake Festival is coming up, and what better way to celebrate than to make your own mooncakes!

I haven't made them yet, but I plan to with my new (Hello Kitty) mooncake molds (http://www.amazon.com/Mooncake-Cookie-Cutter-Pattern-Plates/dp/B009BBDJRA).

I'm actually not a huge fan of Hello Kitty, but that was the only design available in a 5in diameter cake mold. I didn't want to get one of those wooden ones because they are way too big for my liking. And it would take a lot of people to eat just one mooncake.

Also a nice thing about these molds is that they double as cookie molds as well, and they come in a package of three to help distinguish different flavors.

There were some really cute mooncake cookie molds that I considered getting.



Currently I plan on having red bean, black sesame and taro. I think for the red bean and taro I'll just get the canned ones and smush them into paste. Black sesame I've tried making before - basically mixing black sesame paste and flour and then frying them up a little bit so they stick together.

Plus, I found some awesome mooncake recipes online that I want to try out. So I'll keep everyone posted on the results!


(Hopefully mine will end up like this...or this... =)


Mooncake Ice Cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment