Friday, August 3, 2012

Stirfry Crab Pasta

I know it's been a while since I've posted my own cooking adventures. It's just that I haven't had much time to eat, let alone cook. My major food groups these days are tortilla chips, bananas, salsa and Kefir yogurt.

But the other day I felt obligated to crack open the cupboards and actually make something (it's theraputic, you know).


There were some frozen crab meat in the fridge that I took out, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces. (If you are in a hurry, you can rinse it with hot water, boil the entire piece and then cut up into pieces.)


And the frozen brocolli (I know, I know, it's better to get it fresh).
 

And it's real simple - first you just boil some pasta (I used fine spaghetti,which is thicker than angel hair so it doesn't break so easily, but has a nice al dente texture of a thicker noodle). Then transfer the pasta into a frying pan with some water (so it doesn't dry up).

Then mix in the crab and brocolli, stir in some pasta sauce, oyster (or hoisin) sauce, and a dash of spices like the chili sauce I used here.


Mix well in the pan, and stir around until the sauces are evenly distributed.


Dress it up or down as much as you'd like. The crab meat already has plenty of flavor, so it's just the noodles you have to make sure is flavored.

Put it in a nice bowl, and you have yourself a nice bowl of noodles (for today and tmr's lunch!)


Hubby loved it so much that he couldn't wait to eat it for the next day's lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment