Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Power Brekkie

The other day I cooked brekkie for me and hubby. I don't normally bust out the egg/ham/toast for brekkie, but yesterday was a special day.

Power brekkie

The omelette was real simple to make, basically some liquid eggs, one scallion, three drops of soy sauce, a tablespoon of pancake mix (to make it more chewy), a dash of sugar, and some salt and pepper to taste. The ham was already premade, so all I had to do was heat it up.

Frying up the omelette

The only downside was that it stuck to my omelet frying pan, even though I buttered it up nicely.

While hubby had this, I had some pumpernickel bread with nutella. Since hubby loves to put everything in the fridge, the Nutella was lumpy, cold and hard to spread. So after I toasted the bread and spooned on some Nutella, I microwaved it for 20s.

The bread still turned out pretty hard to chew, but that's okay because the Nutella made up for it.

Nutella-bread

I also made some Vietnamese coffee. Real easy, real delicious. All you have to do is use a French press to brew some coffee, dump in 1/4 can of condensed milk (here I used La Lechera, a Mexican condensed milk) and some ice cubes.

Viet-style coffee

What a wonderful way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment