Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Plague

So the next heat wave is coming up for the weekend, and I decided to bake a cake. Mostly because I wanted to bring it to a house party tmr as the dessert, and also because I really wanted to try the green tea cheesecake for the longest time. For all the aforementioned reasons, I decided to do it today.

I got a block of cream cheese and a pie crust from Key Foods. I also used up some of the green tea powder that I got earlier for my green tea cookies (which didn't go so well).

First I dumped the block of philly cheese in a bowl and some of the green tea powder. Then I softened it in the microwave, which shut off our electricity because of the air cons running at full capacity. I omitted the eggs because I really didn't want to use my mixer and have to clean it afterwards.  

Powdered ice tea

Instead, I just mixed it with a mixer, and added some soy milk, some rice pudding, and some vanilla flavor. Then I zapped it for a bit more and poured it into the crust.

Mix stir mix!

Like that minty color?
Anything wrong with this picture?

Hubby pointed out that I only have half the pie. Apparently I bought 1 less package of cream cheese than necessary to fill up the pie crust...

Down to the last drop

So I had to scrape every last ounce of green tea cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. I was pretty excited about the experiment, because I had read some pretty good reviews about this simple recipe. I was thinking that I could get some ice cream and put it on top of the cheesecake if it didn't fill up the pie crust. 

I set the microwave timer and at precisely 3 minutes before time was up, I decided to take it out. It was cracked like good cheesecakes are after being baked. I wanted to jiggle it a little to see if the center has been settled, but I didn't get a chance to before dropping it onto the oven. I didn't get a good handle on the pie, so it slipped right before my eyes. 

Leftovers

I rescued most of what I could from the pie, but alas, I lost 6/7 of it =(

The mess

I was so disappointed that I almost started crying =( This is my 3rd failure project after the chocolate chip cookies (the first two being the end-of-the-world chococake and the green tea cookies that turned out too hard). Sigh...I guess some things are just not meant to be, and unfortunately for me, green tea cheese cake is one of them =( 

Afterthought: the worst part about this is not only this - 


- but the fact that the cake actually tasted wonderful =(

No comments:

Post a Comment